The Toys of Power appeared in The Devil's Playhouse. They enable Max's psychic powers.
The Toys of Power belonged to the elder god Yog-Soggoth. When his grandson, Junior (his real name is impossible to pronounce correctly without enough larynxes), was born, he was given them by Yog-Soggoth to keep himself occupied along with a box in which to keep them. Later, the box was found by Sammun-Mak, who used them to become a pharaoh. Eventually, he was overthrown and his brain removed to render him powerless. Thousands of years later, they were discovered by Sam and Max's great-grandfathers, Sameth and Maximus, who used them to retrieve the Devil's Toybox. Afterward, Monsieur Papierwaite tried to use them to summon Yog-Soggoth from the Dark Dimension. Just before The Penal Zone, Max finds one of the toys, the goggles, and uses them to have a psychic vision of the future. Then, General Skun-ka'pe appeared, on a quest for the toys. Throughout the season, the Toys of Power continued being of great significance to the story. In the end of Beyond the Alley of the Dolls, all toys were destroyed, along with the toybox.
The Eyes of Yog-Soggoth/Future Vision Goggles
A pair of View-Finder-style opera glasses that allows Max to see snippets of the future of people and objects. Grants limited Precognition.
The Teleportation Telephone Toy
Grants Telephone-based Teleportation. Teleports Max and anyone who's touching him to any working telephone with a number he has memorized.
The Playing Mind-Reading Cards
Max can concentrate his psychic energy through the deck of playing cards to read other people's thoughts. Grants Telepathy.
The Rhinoplasty Toy
A lump of Silly Putty-like clay that grants Polymorphism. Max can use the Rhinoplasty to shape-shift into any inanimate object, as long as he can find a picture of that object somewhere in the world.
An optional toy, the Nutri-Specs are a pair of 3D-glasses that allow Max to discover the nutritional content of people and objects.
The Astral Projector
A projector that allows Sam and Max to transport into other versions of themselves and control their body, like their great-grandfathers or clones, such as the Samulacra/Dogglegangers. Grants Astral Projection and limited Possession.
The Can O' Nuts
Allows Maximus and Sameth to squish down into the can and then expand again. can be used both to squeeze through narrow openings and as a hiding place. Grants very limited Polymorphism.
The Cthonic Destroyer
Troy the Cthonic Destroyer can be used to destroy anything or anyone from the Dark Dimension.
See main article.
Max or Maximus can use Charlie to throw his voice into people and objects. Grants Psychic Ventriloquism.
See main article.
There are several other toys that are eaither seen or mention, but not used in game. As such there respective powers are unknown.
- Disk of Madness: Mentioned by Sammun-Mak in They Stole Max's Brain! but not seen in game.
- Orb of unending bounciness: Mentioned by Sammun-Mak in They Stole Max's Brain! but not seen in game.
- Paddle ball: Seen entering the Devils Toybox in They Stole Max's Brain! Looks similar to the one Sam used to trick Skunkape in The Penal Zone.
- Monkey plush: First seen coming out of the Devils Toybox in The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. Later seen entering the toybox in They Stole Max's Brain! A similar looking toy appears in the season 2 episode Ice Station Santa
- Toy soldier: First seen coming out of the Devils Toybox in The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. Later seen entering the toybox in They Stole Max's Brain! A similar looking toy appears in the toy store in The Penal Zone.
- Doll: First seen coming out of the Devils Toybox in The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. Later seen entering the toybox in They Stole Max's Brain!
- Rocking horse: First seen coming out of the Devils Toybox in The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. Later seen entering the toybox in They Stole Max's Brain!