Sam & Max Nearly Save Christmas is a 20-minute machinima video produced by Telltale Games to promote Ice Station Santa (and their Sam & Max series in general). The plot largely follows that of Ice Station Santa, though much has been abbreviated or left out.
Differences with Ice Station Santa[edit | edit source]
- See also: Ice Station Santa
The following are the most significant ways in which the plot differs from that of Ice Station Santa.
- Maimtron 9000 doesn't appear. Instead, Sam and Max get a call from The Commissioner.
- Flint Paper, the Soda Poppers, Bosco, Sybil, Abe, The Bug and Stinky don't appear.
- The boxing match is now won by cheating.
- A commercial for Moai Better Blues is included halfway through the video.
- The Christmas Present problem is about Jimmy's suicide instead of The Bug.
- Christmas Yet to Come is "saved" by just a bag of chips.
- Most importantly: when Santa gets possessed at the end, Sam and Max leave instead of saving Christmas again.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- The Commissioner
- Santa Claus
- The C.O.P.S.
- Jimmy Two-Teeth
- Shambling Corporate Presence
- Spirits of Christmas
- Mary Two-Teeth
- Timmy Two-Teeth
See Also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
Sam & Max Nearly Save Christmas at the Telltale video site.