The Carbon Dating Device is an item found at Sybil's in Abe Lincoln Must Die!
The Carbon Dating Device looks similar to a wireless barcode scanner.
The device can can an object or person and analyze how old it is. It main purpose of the item is to allow Sam to find a suitable object to allow a location to become a National Historic Place.
List of Scannable Entities:
- Wooden Tiki: Sybil demonstrated the Carbon Dating Device by scanning the tiki on her desk. She remarks that it is over 2,000 years old, allowing her shop to become a Historic Place. However, when Sam scans the tiki himself, it reveals the tiki is only 10 years old and that Sybil must of read the machine wrong. Max then states how the price tag on the bottom of the tiki looked suspicious.
- Taxidermy Fox : Reads that it's eight years old.
Sam and Max's Office
- Water Cooler: Max states that their fish, Mr. Spatula, is two years old. He originally believed it was only one year old, but realizes that he forgot it's 2nd birthday.
- Lush Vegetation: Hubert, the duo's potted plant, is revealed to be 16 years old.
- Donut Box: Reads that the donuts are only a year old.
- Jesse James' Hand: Reads that it's 14 years old.
- Leonard: Reveals that Leonard is only 19 years old.
- Hugh Bliss: Reads his age as "Burnt Sienna". Max states that he doesn't look a day over taupe.
- Bosco: If used on Bosco, he will demand that Sam put the Device away. Sam states that it's used to find something's age. Bosco will then ask why would someone find out how old he is, prompting Sam to forget the issue.
- Nat'Cho's: Reads that the chips are from the early 90's, but can't read the age of the cheese. Max questions that the cheese might not be organic.
- Coffee Pot: Reads that it's over a month old.
- Hot Weenies: Reads that the two hot dogs are dating back to the Cretaceous Period (Between 145.5 to 65.5 million years ago). This prompts Bosco's store to become a National Historic Place.
- Specs: Reveals his age to be 35.
- Whizzer: Reveals his age to be 35.
- Peepers: Reveals his age to be 34.
- Agent Superball: Reveals his age to be 41.
(If Peepers is the last Soda Poppers to be scanned, or scanned again if all three were previously tested, Max will question why he's a year younger than his two brothers. Peepers reveal that it was due to his mother's prolonged labor.)
If Max is scanned, Sam will be surprised and ask Max if he has been dieting.